Thursday, March 27, 2008

aha!

My husband is desperately trying to get me to reveal my new secret crush at the grocery store. He technically knows who my old secret crush was, even though he never saw him (mainly because my man doesn't like to shop at Wild Oats; he claims it is complicated and makes him feel uncool). And the fact is, I never see Dairy/Freezer Guy anymore either. I have a sneaking suspicion Stu had him fired or relocated. Or something more sinister....Thus, a new crush and I'm not telling who it is. I won't even tell which store he works in. It's for his safety.

The truth is, I don't want to say because New Secret Crush is so young, I have no doubt I'm old enough to be his mother. And not his young teen mom; his finished-with-college-living-in-a-house-with-a-mortgage mom. It's embarrassing to talk about it out loud. Plus, unlike Dairy/Freezer Guy, NSC is more of the alternative scene bad boy that I furtively stalked admired when I was younger. That he works at a place so mundane as a natural food store - but without disdain or condescension - makes him even sexier. He actually reminds me a little of Heath Ledger. But I've said too much; I may have endangered his life already.

Welcome to the midlife crisis, people.