Thursday, April 24, 2008

trivia for the masses

My best friend, whose blog I have neglected lately due to my galavanting around Sin City, proffered this delightfully random meme for me at exactly the moment I was running out of things to talk about. (She is pretty awesome; go beg her to come to BlogHer with me this summer...).

And so.

What was I doing, 10 years ago:
This day in 1998, I was weeping through the last weeks of my teaching job at a group home for adjudicated youth in Portland. Weeping not because it was an awful position - I really loved getting them ready for GED testing and life on their own - but because I was 4 1/2 months pregnant and, therefore, a wildly hormonal bundle of nuttiness. Adjudicated youth do not need that. I'm convinced my stress level at that point was a main cause of my son's current anxiety issues.

Five snacks I enjoy:
1. oatmeal carmelitas
2. espresso chocolate chip cookies
3. Nanaimo bars
4. salt & vinegar chips
*5. hot buttery-flavored popcorn

Things I would do if I was a billionaire:
Buy lots of stuff for my school and start a scholarship fund for our students. Hopefully I would have a little cash left to travel around the world during my summer vacations. And purchase lots of chocolate.

Five jobs I've held:
1. Kow girl at Kow Korner
2. drug store clerk & display diva
3. bookseller + community relations coordinator at Barnes & Noble
4. picker of various items - flowers, potatoes, bulbs, strawberries, cucumbers
5. substitute teacher

Three habits:
1. biting my cuticles
2. organizing anything that sits still long enough
3. obsessive checking of blog comments

Five places I have lived:
1. Whidbey Island
2. Pullman, WA
3. Hillsboro, OR
4. Spokane, WA
*5. Vancouver, WA

Something new to share:
Here is more trivia that only two people read before. Yes, I am shamelessly promoting my own stuff.
_______________

Consider yourself tagged, reader who has a blog of his/her own. Go now. Do it.

*Um. My super smart husband [he can count] pointed out that two of my lists of 5 Things only included 4 Things. I swear I wasn't drinking last night.